Organizations around the world are searching for people to solve business problems and implement effective solutions. A Business Analyst (BA) is a problem identifier, a problem solver, a solutions specialist, a business optimizer, a stakeholder manager, a communication champion, the voice of the customer in solution delivery. Essentially, Business Analysts are drivers of change in any organization.
There are many misconceptions on what a Business Analyst does and why this role is very critical for many organizations. A BA analyzes business problems – whether it is a problem with a business model, performance, process, solutions/products or business environment/market; and recommends solutions that optimizes or improves results and offer best value to all stakeholders. To achieve this, the Business Analyst must possess a special set of technical and non-technical skills and the Business Analyst Fast-Track (BAFT) Programme has been designed to equip successful candidates with all these skills and transform you to a refined Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst Fast-Track Programme is a 9-months intensive training Programme designed to upskill young, intelligent and hardworking candidates; and to provide successful candidates with a career head start, making them highly competitive among their peers. This Programme is a combination of:
- A three (3) months intensive training which combines self-led and tutor-led classes with a project-based learning approach. Participants will undergo training via online classes taught by business analyst professionals with several years of experience for 3 months. The training features weekly live sessions, monthly meetups, networking with peers and professionals, CV review, employment interview prepping, capstone projects, etc
- A six (6) months experiential training after the completion of the three (3) months intensive training. Successful Cohort members will proceed on a 6 months experiential training with any of our partner organizations to gain real-life experience.
- Business Analysis Fundamentals and Tools
- Strategic Analysis
- Solution Design
- Solution Requirements Management
- Software Solution Delivery
- Introduction to Financial Analysis
- Introduction to Process Analysis
- Delivery Management
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Mentorship – CV structuring, interview prep
- Soft skills and professional positioning
- Comprehend the fundamentals of Business Analysis and its significance.
- Master the core skills/competencies of Business Analysis and their application
- Master the soft skills that help Business Analysts thrive in any environment
- Identify actual problems in business cases and develop a strategy for problem solving and solution implementation
- Apply business strategies that generate expected value and stakeholder buy-in.
- Ideate and manage a technology solution
- Adopt best practices for expert Business Analysts
- The expert-led training will last for 3 months (September - November) while the experiential training with an organization will last for 6 months.
- The online sessions will be held weekly while physical sessions will be once a month
- Learning resources (including texts and videos) will be provided to facilitate comprehension
Any young graduate who is:
- Computer literate.
- Willing to put in an average of 5 hours a day of work.
- Self-driven, Dedicated and Willing to learn.
- Able to Self-Manage and Learn using Online Tools.
- Able to complete the 6 months Experiential Training with Partner Organization.
In 300 words or less, tell us:
- What are your professional goals and how can the BAFT programme help you achieve these goals?
- Describe an obstacle you faced in your academics or a previous job/internship and how you overcame it.
- Recommendation (Optional):
A recommendation letter from a professional acquaintance that will speak to your professional capabilities and why you should be chosen for this programme.
- ₦10,000 application fee
This is an intensive programme and as such, cohort members will be carefully selected. We will be looking out for candidates that are/have:
- Quick thinking, smart and with high cognitive skills. This will be tested post application as part of the selection process.
- Minimum educational background: Graduate (HND, BSc, BTech)
- Strong inclination and interest in business, technology and/or management
- Able to partake in online and physical engagements (physical session will be in Lagos State)
- Must have good listening, writing and communication skills with fluency in English
- Applicants must have a computer and good internet connectivity for the online sessions
- Applicants must be willing to put in the work to achieve their set goals for this training. Estimated time commitment is an average of 5 hours daily.